Irrevelant posts and occasional photos from our attempts to drink our way round Eastern Europe.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Not So Happy Birthday

It was my birthday on Saturday and I ended up spending most of it in hospital. I was playing football on Thursday lunchtime with my old work collegues and as usual I was playing in goals. Anyway, I attempted to save a shot from Mick and the ball caught my little finger and broke it.
I didn't even stop the goal.

I went to A&E that afternoon where it was strapped up and I was told to go back at 8am Friday morning. When I went back the surgeon was all excited as it was a bad break with the bone going through the joint and she was going to be able to do some cool shit to my finger.

It transpired that it would involve putting my under general anaesthetic, cutting my finger open and inserting two wires to wire the bones back up. Nice.

So, I spent Friday night in the hospital rather than in the pub and then most of Saturday.

It also means I will miss Sunday's Nuts tournament up at the Powerleague that we had entered a team for.



Think it may be time to hang up the goalie gloves...

3 Comments:

Blogger theweescunner said...

Wow, that bandage is HUUUUUGE. It's lousy that you had to endure all that surgical work on your birthday. Happy Birthday regardless! Think you are a wee bit too young to "retire" from recreational sports though.

4:38 am, August 11, 2006

 
Blogger Jonny Boy said...

Thanks! I'm feeling a bit more upbeat as it's not hurting so much today and it's almost the weekend.
I think I will have few beers this evening (purely medicinal, of course) and belatedly celebrate my birthday!

1:34 pm, August 11, 2006

 
Blogger Jonny Boy said...

Yeah cheers mate :)
I was feeling a tad sorry for myself, hence the sad face.
I think I'm getting the ridiculously big bandage off on Wednesday and a splint instead. I can't wait!

9:11 pm, August 14, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home